Sunday, September 6, 2009

Remembery*** very successful!

1) I show the students a picture with several items on it.
they can look at it for 30 seconds and try to remember as much as they can.

This example is from GEPIK lesson 5.9.4: Whose Boat is This?

2)then I turn it off and they write down as many as they can.
3) Students all stand up
4) ask a student to name one item
5) everyone who named that item can stay standing. if they do not have it written down, they must sit!
6) do this until you have a winner, or the whole list has been named.

(my classroom in in pods, so the winning table gets a team point. the winning students got a sticker)

The students really got into this game. regardless of how many they actually got, they all seemed to enjoy trying to get it right, and asked to play again. I expect I will used this game regularly. I want to see if doing more will improve their memory for vocabulary.

*after a while of playing this new game, I will comment again on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment