Monday, May 25, 2009

GAME: Who stole the cookies?

Medium/Large Group--Circle game
(I'm going to tell the standard version, and then how I'd play it in a particular ESL situation)

Students sit in a circle. there are NO extra chairs.
One Student stands in the middle of the class with no place to sit.

They must go up to another student and ask, "Who stole the cookies?"
Sitting Student, "I don't know, ask my neighbor." (points right or left)
This continues with standing student asking, sitting student telling.

While behind his/her back, the students must make eye contact with their classmates and switch chairs. When Standing student notices, they will try to steal a seat.

If they are successful in getting a seat, there is a new standing student who must continue with the "interrogation."

MODIFICATION:
*change the conversation to fit your skill level needs.
*have one student ACTUALLY have some cookies, flowers...whatever got "stolen" if they find that person, they must say, "I did."

EX) RIGHT/LEFT using the modification above...actual hiding...you could have the students say, "Ask to my left," "Ask to my right."

No comments:

Post a Comment